Is the project still alive?

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Hello,

I wanted to ask for a feature but now I'm not sure whether the project is still supported by the developer or not.

Thanks  is advance.

--
Kind regards,
Dmitri Maximov

Apr 3, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Hi Dmitri,

This branch with AddIn seems to be a little bit outdated and not supported.
In the background I am working on a different version with better UI integration (based on VS-Package) and utilizing WPF controls.

Unfortunatelly I am the only user of that new version :) and it exists only on my local repository.
I am glad that you are interesed in this project and I am open to hear what you have in mind. So then there is a chance it will be a part of the new release.

Best Regards,
 FeydRauth

Apr 3, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Hi Feyd,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the TytanNet plug-in for months and it helps me and my team a lot. In my case the most intensively used feature is the environment variables management as this provides the possibility to configure required testing environment without recompiling the project every time which in opposite case might have taken the significant amount of time. So we are pretty happy with the solution you provide. It has saved us plenty of time.

The only question I have - whether you are planning to migrate to VS 2010 as I'm suspecting that plug-in infrastructure in VS 2010 has been dramatically changed.

And one minor request: is it possible to save previous values of an environment variable between sessions? Say, I open Visual Studio, open the list of variables, pick one with the name "X". Let its initial value be "0". I change it to "1" and run my tests or something. If I want to change its value again, the plug-in will show me a list of previous values ("0", "1") so I can choose between them without the necessity to enter it from scratch. But this magic works only if I don't close Visual Studio. If I do it, the list of previous values for my variable will be filled with current value only. So the question is: is it possible to save the values of variables between different sessions of Visual Studio? If yes, then could it be done in one of the next releases?

Thanks in advance.

--
Kind regards,
Dmitri Maximov

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Dmitri,

I am really pleased to hear that someone is using my plug-in on a day-by-day basis (besides me, of course).

And what I was trying to say is that I am actively working on enabling TytanNET inside VS2008 and VS2010. I don't want to support VS2005 anymore as it is already very old product.
I can't quarantee that the VS2010's version will see the day light next week. It should however within the next few months...

The functionality you described doesn't seem to be very complex. If you wish, I would try to introduce it into existing v0.20 release. Then it could be maintained in the next releases also...
Additionally, if you have any other ideas - how to improve that editor or even introduce something completely new, say it now, so I can plan the whole work in advance. Then I can probably deliver something in a reasonable time.

Best Regards,
 FeydRauth

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Hi Feyd,

any news on a VS2010 version? I was trying to run the old one, but VS locks up while TytanNET is registering commands o_O

Best regards,

Christian

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Hi Christian,

VS2010 version is not yet ready to be published.

Best Regards,
 FeydRauth